Watch this space as we announce plans that will grow our Cathedral as:
– a place of welcome to tourists.
– a Cathedral which is available to the people of this city and beyond, to help nurture the soul of our City, to be a place where Newcastle can celebrate its aspirations and achievements and gather in times of grief.
– a Cathedral which is hospitable and inclusive of all, that proclaims and models the Servant ministry of Christ towards the poor, the lonely, the homeless and the outcast.
– a Cathedral which is a home to everyone in the Diocese, and where the great moments of Diocesan life are celebrated.
– a Cathedral which models to other Christians the sharing of the Gospel with those who have not received it.
– a Cathedral where our offering of worship is always of the highest quality in music, teaching and liturgy.
– a Cathedral which is a sign of vibrant Anglican life but which enriches the life of the whole Body of Christ, and can be a potent sign of Christian unity.
– a Cathedral where anyone who enters the building will be inspired and supported in their search for God, where people encounter the holy.
– a Cathedral that celebrates intellectual life, music and the arts, and where dialogue can help build a civil society.
To fully realise our Vision we need resources of prayer, people and money.
Email the Dean to find out how you can help <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The Very Rev’d Stephen Williams
Dean of Newcastle