Christ Church Cathedral Shop is located in the entrance to the Cathedral. Our shop is staffed by volunteers from within our congregations as well as friends of the cathedral from the beautiful city of Newcastle and other parishes. Our staff warmly welcome everyone who visits the cathedral.
The shop has a wide range of gifts, handcrafts and devotional items which make great souvenirs including:
- crosses to wear, to hold or to place on the wall
- rosary beads
- carved olive wood items from Bethlehem and Jerusalem
- colourful wooden crosses and plaques from El Salvador
- mother of pearl items carved in Bethlehem
- nativity items from Peru
- lace crosses from India
- gifts especially suitable for Baptism, Confirmation and First Communion
- medals of the saints
We also stock a wide range of cards: sympathy, confirmation, first communion, wedding, baptism, ordination to both the diaconate and the priesthood, as well as birthday, “thinking of you”, get well, Christmas and Easter cards. We have a variety of prayer cards, including a traveller’s prayer card which we offer to every visitor to take away on their travels.
Souvenirs include tea towels, pens, postcards and CDs of our organ and choir plus a souvenir book about the cathedral and its history.
We stock a range of books including various translations of the bible and devotional books such as books of prayers, guided day by day readings and the APBA lectionary. There is a selection of theological books designed to appeal to a variety of readers. We have children’s illustrated bibles, prayer books and stories from the bible, including sticker books, and versions of the Easter and Christmas narratives. There are also books available about various aspects of the cathedral, including its military memorials and associations.
All profits help maintain the ministry and fabric of our beautiful Cathedral.
Core Opening Hours: 10am to 4pm Mon-Sat and 10.45am to 5pm on Sundays, but not during services of worship. On special events such as Ordinations, we aim to have the shop open before and after the services. We can also arrange special orders and mail orders.
Contact us: email@example.com
Climbing the Tower:
***The tower is now open to visitors.***
Now that the repairs and upgrades have been be completed we are able to able to open the tower to visitors so they can experience the 360 degree views which extend up and down the coastline and across the entire city including the bustling harbour.
- Entrance is by Donation of $10.00 per person, payable at the Cathedral Shop.
– there are no discounts for families, children or groups
Monday to Saturday First climb 10.15 am Last climb 3.15 pm
Please note that on weekdays a bell is rung at midday
Sunday First climb 11.15 am Last climb 4.15 pm
- The tower is CLOSED during church services, concerts and other cathedral events and may be closed in adverse weather conditions. It is not recommended for children younger than 8 to climb the tower. Unaccompanied children are not permitted to climb.