Christ Church Cathedral Newcastle Foundation Ltd
Conditions of the organ scholarship
The organ scholarship recipient will receive:
- the scholarship amount, paid in quarterly instalments
- tuition from the Christ Church Cathedral Organist
- practical experience in leading and accompanying cathedral liturgies
- opportunities to present organ recitals at the cathedral
- opportunities to sing with the cathedral choir
- opportunities to train and conduct the Cathedral Choir, Youth Chorale and the St Nicholas Choir
- adhoc opportunities for development of personal music abilities
- adhoc opportunities for the development of personal administrative skills
The organ scholarship recipient shall:
- assist the Cathedral Organist and Assistant Organist at the organ console
- assist in administrative functions as required
- The Organ Scholarship will be advertised to the public in relevant publications, digital media and social media.
- The Organ Scholarship will be for the period of one academic year.
- The Organ Scholarship may be extended, for suitable candidates, at the sole discretion of the Christ Church Newcastle Foundation.
- Applicants will audition for and be interviewed by the Audition Panel.
- The Audition Panel will comprise the Cathedral Organist, the Cathedral Choir Master and the Dean of the Cathedral.
- Applicants will be assessed on ability, aptitude and attitude.
- Applicants must complete an Application Form.
- Applicants will be interviewed by and audition for the Audition Panel.
- Applicants must make themselves available for the dates of the auditions.
- The scholarship auditions will be held at the Christ Church Cathedral Newcastle.
- Scholarships shall be paid in quarterly instalments.
- Scholarships may be suspended if the scholarship recipient does not fulfil the duties outlined above.
- The scholarships are open to the public.
- Applicants shall have an appropriate music qualification and be studying at a secondary or tertiary institution.
- Late applications will not be processed.
- In cases where applicants do not meet the standard required, the scholarship shall not be offered.
- The decision of the scholarship panel is final.
- Only the candidate will be allowed in the audition room.
- Should the candidate arrive late they will forfeit the audition.
- The audition panel reserves the right to ask a candidates music teacher to provide a reference for the applicant.
- Staff and family of staff members of the Anglican Diocese of Newcastle are eligible to enter.
- Successful applicants are required to give priority at all times to attendance and punctuality at scheduled lessons and notify the teacher where attendance is genuinely impossible.
- The Christ Church Newcastle Foundation reserves the right to withdraw a scholarship at any time should these scholarship rules and conditions not be met.